Long Term Food Storage Day
Time & Location
About The Event
House of Joy has conducted several Long Term Food Storage Days in order to help equip all who are interested in being prepared for those unexpected events that might interrupt our food supply.
House of Joy will order the food buckets, oxidizers, and Mylar bags needed for that day. However, we have 2 options for purchasing the food items.
1. You can buy your own food and bring it with you, or
2. HOJ will purchase bulk items from a list provided to you.
These items will be the most popular start-up items to get your plan of food storage initiated. Bulk Food Items should be accompanied by the idea of various recipes that would consistently use these items. HOJ will purchase all the food items in bulk from Sam's Club. Attached below is some information that will assist you in deciding what food items you would like to store and the amount of each item.
You can reimburse House of Joy on August 7th. Also, attached below are the instructions for the storage process we will use. Don't fret - we'll demonstrate the process and assist each of you, however, the attached will be valuable information to have so you can pass it on to your family and friends when you help them!
Please email email@example.com with the following information:
1. The date of the food prep event at FOC: August 7th - 10:00 till 12:30
2. Which items and what amount of each item do you want to order? Feel free to use the attached Item Cost List to decide on your order.
3. How many food buckets do you need?
4. Approximately how many Mylar bags and what size bags do you need? Mylar sizes are 5-Gallon, 1-Gallon, 2-Gallon. All mylar bags go into the 5-gal food bucket to store them.