Sat, Aug 26|
Fellowship of Christ sanctuary
Stewards of Children Workshop
If you are a parent or anyone who cares for children and youth (birth-12th grade), we encourage you to attend this workshop. This training is required for all who work with children and youth at our church. RSVP by Thursday, Aug. 24.
Time & Location
Aug 26, 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Fellowship of Christ sanctuary, 1788 Kildaire Farm Rd, Cary, NC 27511, USA
About The Event
Stewards of Children is a workshop produced by Darkness to Light, a child abuse awareness and prevention organization. It features real people and real stories about protecting children from sexual abuse. Ennis Baker, LCSW, will join us in person as the workshop instructor. As part of her presentation, she will be sharing videos of personal accounts from survivors of sexual abuse and professionals speaking about how to prevent abuse.
This training will not only help you see the signs of sexual abuse, but you can learn how to prevent it, report it and how to properly talk to someone who has experienced abuse.
Here are some staggering statistics.
- Experts estimate that 1 in 10 children are sexually abused before their 18th birthday.
- 30 percent of children are abused by family members.
- As many as 60 percent are abused by people the family trusts.
- About 35 percent of victims are 11 years old or younger.
- Nearly 40 percent are abused by older or larger children.
RSVP by Thursday, Aug. 24. Childcare and coffee/refreshments will be provided.
For more information on the Darkness to Light program, visit their website at https://www.d2l.org.